What is Digital Marketing in Simple Terms for Small Business Owners
Since the internet has become a part of our lives, the term “digital marketing” has become very popular. But what does it mean? In this video, let’s discuss what it is and how it works.
What does digital marketing mean?
In simple words- digital marketing is online or internet marketing executed through digital tools.
The basic concept of marketing remains the same, just the means of conveying your marketing message becomes different.
In a practical sense, Digital marketing happens online or over the internet, this is what primarily separates it from traditional or offline marketing.
This is an important difference between the two.
Traditional marketing includes TV, Radio, OOH, and SMS marketing which all are digital tools but it is takes place primarily offline unlike digital marketing that is online.
In today’s context:
Digital Marketing is a set of interactive marketing promotion activities which are done online. These activities help an individual or organization reach its target audience and achieve its business & financial objectives.
What are the tools for digital marketing?
The primary tools of digital marketing are:
- Website, which is like your company brochure and gives out all the information about you and what you do.
- Social media marketing, which is useful in spreading the word of mouth information about your business.
- Content marketing is the form of blogging that is like the use of manuals for your organization.
- Search engine marketing, which is like classified ads.
- Email marketing is like sending leaflets to all the prospective client’s locations.
- Online Display Advertising is like running Video ads in TV or Newspaper print ads. Want to know more about digital marketing?
So, if you want to know more about digital marketing and the tools used for it, check out me here on Medium.